Thursday, April 4, 2013

5 Tips for Finding Blog Love

Finding love is hard. 

There are so many options, yet somehow not enough. Some look great but aren't about much, and some could stand a good spiffying up but really speak to your soul. 

What's a lonely heart to do? 

Step into Dr. Amanda's office. 

I'll give you the 5 tools you need to find a blog you can love
  1. Consider your options. Narrow it down, and think about what you're truly interested in. Is it news? Celebrity gossip? Spying on your ex so you can know where he'll be on Tuesday nights at 7:51? Anything is possible!
  2. Think local. What are your favorite community businesses and organizations? Search their websites to see if they have blogs. I've seen blogs for local farmers markets, coffee shops, and writing groups. Blogs are a great way to find like-minded people in communities large and small.
  3. Put out. A personal ad, that is. Post to your social network of choice asking friends for blog recommendations. You may be surprised at what you find.
  4. If you like him, you'll probably like his friends. Found one you like? Take a look at its links. You may find your next favorite blog there. After all, great minds think alike.
  5. Don't settle for the first one you find. New blogs are being created every day. Peruse the end-of-year lists of best blogs, and go out on a blog blind date at least once a month, actually venturing to click on one of the featured blogs on Tumblr, Blogger, or WordPress. The blog of your dreams may be right under your nose.

1 comment:

  1. I recently found a book blog that I love and I visit daily. I love it because she updates it daily and has many useful links and lists. It took me forever to find it but I'm so happy I did!

    ReplyDelete